I'm a strategist & Product manager with a drive to develop products for everyday life.
People are the heart of my work: I have diverse experience growing businesses and building programs in the public sector and a strong background in qualitative user research. I just wrapped up a Master's Degree in Integrated Product Design at the University of Pennsylvania and hold a BA in Anthropology from Dickinson College.
As a student and consultant, I've had the pleasure of working with Nike, the NYC Department of Education, NYC Department of Small Business Services, Brooklyn Public Library, Storycorps, Penn Medicine, Columbia University, and the Philadelphia Airport. I love untangling big problems, cooking with unexpected ingredients, and spotting street art in new places.
If you're looking for a curious and driven strategist or product manager, reach out and say hello: moore.m.grace at gmail dot com.
University of Pennsylvania, Teaching assistant
September 2017 - May 2018
• Supported students and coursework for a graduate level Needfinding course and undergraduate New Product Development course
• Evaluated student work and coached student groups through semester-long projects using design thinking and lean start-up processes
R/GA, EXPERIENCE STRATEGY APPRENTICE
June 2017 - August 2017
R/GA is a full service digital agency that helps grow businesses using technology and design.
• Developed and executed user research strategies and protocol to uncover consumer needs for international brands
• Researched and analyzed new markets, technologies, and user groups
• Worked collaboratively with designers and developers to translate research findings into actionable insights
TYTHE DESIGN, DESIGN STRATEGIST
June 2015 - July 2016
TYTHEdesign is a consultancy using design & strategy to grow the capacity of public sector organizations.
• Supported strategy, development, and ideation in a client-facing role as part of TYTHE’s core team
• Facilitated community engagement workshops for non-profits, government, and social enterprise
• Drove new business development through strategic communications, outreach, and proposal-writing
HOT BREAD KITCHEN, COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
February 2014- June 2015
Hot Bread Kitchen is a social enterprise that creates economic opportunity through a culinary training program and food business incubator.
• Managed the brand’s visual and verbal communication across all internal and external channels
• Managed scope, design, and deployment of the organization’s customized Salesforce platform
• Engaged supporters through social media platforms, growing from 900 to over 68K followers, doubled press hits in 2014
• Designed and coordinated internal and external events from ideation through execution
• Supported internal communications, organizational development, and human resources efforts
HOT BREAD KITCHEN, DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
September 2013 - February 2014
• Crafted grant proposals & reports leading to the acquisition of over $548,000 in philanthropic support
• Built and maintained partnerships with donors and organizations, successfully prospected 8 new major donors
HOT BREAD KITCHEN, GREENMARKET COORDINATOR
April 2012 - September 2013
• Managed 8 person staff and developed first-ever employee training handbook & merchandising guide.
• Overhauled inventory management system and implemented new point of sale system across 11 remote retail locations
• Managed weekly data collection and product inventory
ENVIROSELL, FIELD RESEARCHER
October 2010 - July 2012
• Conducted primary market research and compiled recommendations for retail clients to drive strategic business growth, including store design, staffing, and merchandising
IPD Graduate Student Association
Vice President, 2017 - 2018
Wrote and ratified the first IPDGA constitution
Social Chair, 2016 - 2017
Organized and hosted 10 events for students, faculty, and community members
Finalist, April 2018
Lead the development of a family of screen management devices for families & professionals
COMCAST + PENNOVATION CHALLENGE
1st Prize, April 2017
Developed a connected device to track the structural health of bridges
Field Notes: Integrated Design Innovation Challenge (November 2017)
Designing Dinostoragus (March 2017)
Philadelphia Business Journal
Human-centered design & design thinking
Prototyping & fabrication
Intermediate proficiency in Spanish
Currently learning 한글
Adobe Creative Suite
Currently learning Python
Writing & editing